43-47 East 19th Street, New York, New York, Craft LLC D/B/A “Craft”, application for an alteration to an existing on-premises liquor license.
WHEREAS, Katie Grieco and Tom Colicchio on behalf of Craft LLC d/b/a "Craft" (the "Applicant"), has notified Community Board Five of its intention to file for an alteration to an existing on-premises liquor license for the restaurant located at 43 47 East 19th Street, New York, NY 10003 between Park Avenue South and Broadway, New York, NY (the "Premises"); and
WHEREAS, The nature of the alteration is to add to the licensed premises a sidewalk café (the "Sidewalk Café); and
WHEREAS, The Sidewalk Café will include 10 tables and 20 chairs; and
WHEREAS, Applicant has agreed that Applicant shall:
- Operate the Premises exclusively as a restaurant and operate no part of the Premises as a nightclub at any time ("Restaurant Use");
- Agree that licensed space on Premises to be limited to the public dining areas and bar and private meeting rooms on the ground floor of the Premises as previously described in the original application, as well as the Sidewalk Café as described herein, along with the specific conditions listed as to the operation of the Sidewalk Cafe given its close proximity to residential units in the Premises' own building and immediately adjacent to the Sidewalk Café on 19th Street and with all other spaces at Premises not licensed;
- Prohibit dancing at the Premises at all times;
- Operate the Premises, but not including the Sidewalk Café, Sunday through Thursday between the hours of 12 PM to 11 PM and Friday and Saturday between the hours of 12PM and midnight. The Sidewalk Café, as expressly understood herein on account of the nearby residential units and acknowledged issues of sound, crowds, and traffic, shall have hours of operation from 12 PM to 9:30 PM 7 Days per week;
- Not incorporate a DJ or live music, or karaoke, and agree to keep the stereo ambient-level music conducive to an eating establishment only;
- Not apply for a cabaret license;
- Keep any French doors or windows in the front of the Premises closed at all times except for the door directly to the east of the restaurant entrance which shall be open during the hours of the café for service;
- Not use outside promoters at any time; as promoter-driven events are specifically excluded from Restaurant Use; though private parties shall be deemed included in Restaurant Use; only product promotions in which no revenue is shared with promotional company would be allowed (such as for promotional wine tasting events);
- Discourage Patrons from loitering and smoking outside the Premises at any time and discourage vehicular traffic in front of the Premises at all times by prohibiting taxis, black cars, and other cars from standing longer than necessary to the extent feasible;
- Arrange for private garbage pick-up and store garbage in a manner so as not to cause a disturbance or annoyance to neighbors and take care that no damage or extraneous noise is implicated in operations to the extent feasible;
- In the case of striking, configuring, setting up, and operating the Sidewalk Café take all reasonable steps to keep noise to reasonable levels when moving tables, chairs and other equipment into place during hours of operation and during setup and shutdown, and use the 47 E. 19th Street entrance for that purpose.
- Strictly comply with the method of operation as stated herein and not change the method of operation of the Premises unless prior notice is given to Community Board 5 and prior approval is granted by the New York State Liquor Authority as required by law; and
- Meet with neighbors at their request and CB5 at its request, provide an e-mail address and Senior Management Liaison for the Community in the case of undue noise, sound, or crowding should the nearby residents have need to bring it to the attention of management, and also provide a number to be specified and posted on the Premises representing the Applicant, to immediately address any complaints from the community during all hours of operation; and
WHEREAS, Should Applicant ever contemplate a transfer of its interest in the restaurant ownership or management ("transfer" being deemed to include a change in control of an entity or the transfer of a majority interest in an entity), such transferring party shall notify CB5 of such intent and shall require any potential transferee to agree to the conditions and stipulations contained herein; and
WHEREAS, Should Katie Grieco and Tom Colicchio, either jointly or individually, ever contemplate a transfer of their interest in Applicant so that they do not have a controlling management interest in Applicant ("transfer" being deemed to include a change in control of an entity or the transfer of a majority interest in an entity), notice shall be given to CB5 before such transfer is made and any transferee shall be required to agree to the conditions and stipulations contained herein; and
WHEREAS, Members of the public appeared and commented regarding this application and the comments and concerns of the community were taken into consideration in negotiating these conditions and stipulations; and
WHEREAS, These agreements, stipulations and conditions will be incorporated into the Method of Operation as part of the liquor license alteration application submitted by Applicant to the New York State Liquor Authority, a copy of which shall be simultaneously submitted to CB5; therefore be it
RESOLVED, Community Board Five recommends denial of the application by Craft LLC d/b/a "Craft" for an alteration to an existing on-premises liquor license for the restaurant located at 43 47 East 19th Street, New York, NY 10003 between Park Avenue South and Broadway, New York, NY; unless the above conditions are adhered to and are incorporated into the method of operation of the State Liquor Authority application.
©2018 COMMUNITY BOARD FIVE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED