10 West 32nd Street (between Fifth Avenue and Broadway), 2nd Floor, C 32 K NY INC. D/B/A "MOKU", APPLICATION FOR RENEWAL OF A WINE AND BEER LICENSE
WHEREAS, Mokwoo Kim, on behalf of C 32 K NY Inc. ("Applicant"), has notified Community Board Five of its intention to file an application to renew an existing wine and beer license for the 2nd Floor restaurant located at 10 West 32nd Street (between Fifth Avenue and Broadway), New York, New York (the "Premises");
WHEREAS, The Premises has been operated for the past three years as a restaurant; and
WHEREAS, The Premises consists of approximately 2,500 square feet on the second floor; and
WHEREAS, The total capacity of the Premises is 74; and
WHEREAS, The Premises has only one means of egress; and
WHEREAS, The Applicant has agreed that Applicant shall:
1) Obtain a necessary water line to accommodate the installation of a sprinkler system in the Premises;
2) Install a sprinkler system throughout the Premises;
3) File an Alt 1 application with the New York City Department of Buildings with respect to said work;
4) Cause an amendment to the Certificate of Occupancy for the Premises to be issued which permits operation of the Premises despite having only one means of egress; and
5) Shall, at all times strictly enforce the legal occupancy maximum of 74 persons; and
WHEREAS, Although members of the public remain concerned about the density of licenses in this area, no members of the public expressed opposition to the application; and
WHEREAS, These agreements, stipulations and conditions will be incorporated into the Method of Operation as part of the liquor license renewal application submitted by Applicant to the New York State Liquor Authority, a copy of which shall be simultaneously submitted to CB5; therefore be it
RESOLVED, That Community Board Five recommends denial of the application by C 32 K NY Inc. to renew an existing wine and beer license for the 2nd Floor restaurant located at 10 West 32nd Street (between Fifth Avenue and Broadway), New York, New York unless the above conditions are adhered to and are incorporated into the method of operation of the State Liquor Authority application.
The above resolution passed by a vote of 38 in favor; 0 opposed; 1 abstaining.